Sticker Contest© Ratings
Sticker Contest© Rules
accumulation of 10 points, one (1) letter of the alphabet will be awarded. A
student who does all of his/her weekly assignment should have no trouble
receiving at least one letter per week. If I cancel a lesson, I award the same
number of points that a student usually gets for a lesson. If the student cancels the lesson, no points are awarded.
that students can collect more points if the parents will take a more active
role in the learning process. Students always learn better and faster when
parents become involved.
student to earn ALL twenty-six letters of the Alphabet will win $25 in cash.
Each student to complete the Alphabet (26 letters) will win $10 in cash.
Please save this point list. BE PREPARED.....2
WRITTEN WORK.....3 Points
- The student has all necessary books, tapes and materials
- A parent has signed the notebook and recorded amount of practice time
- The student is on time for the lesson
- The student is not chewing gum
- The student does not have any type of food or drink
- The student's hands are clean
- IMPORTANT NOTE: Any student who refuses to play or follow instructions will earn zero points for that lesson.
All Theory, Notespeller, Composition and other written work is
done at home, in pencil. PLAYING.....3 Points
The student plays ALL assigned pieces with reasonable accuracy
at the lesson. (including dynamics, fingering, counting)
FUNdamentals BOOK.....2 Points
The student completes the assignment, including memorizing (if
assigned). OTHER POINTS
Each level completed.....
PARENT INVOLVEMENT POINTS
- Play at a Playing Class.....2 Points
- Play at a Studio Recital.....3 Points
- Play at school, Scouts or outside audience (Parent note
- Memorize all or part of a current assignment-Accurate (dynamics,
fingering, counting) by the third try, every 4 measures.....1 Point
(maximum 4 Points per lesson)
- The student writes a report on a composer or other aspect of
- A parent attends a Parent Class or Playing Class.....2 Points
- A parent listens to practice, signature required.....1 Point
- A parent checks to see that the written work is done..... 1
If you would like to have tapes made of the lessons, please
send in a blank cassette. Every few weeks, tapes will be made of all lessons.
When parents listen to these tapes and sign the area for "listened to tape",
the student will get 2 bonus points.
Information about the
Alphabet Sticker Contest© is distributed in October. This student
incentive program usually begins with the first Playing Class of the year,
around the end of October. It ran until early June with the prizes awarded at
the Final Playing Class on June 17.
The 1999 - 2000 Alphabet Sticker Contest© began
with the Playing
Class, October 30, 1999.
Second Place: TIE...Bob, Patrick and Natalie
Mention...Mary and Zachery
Print this page
O'Connor Music Studio
in Fairfax, Virginia
For more information:
Email Mary O'Connor
Many thanks to
Webdesign for everything!
Studio Web Site
© 1998 - 2007
All rights reserved.